SEO Tampa - Overview
SEO is an abbreviation for "Search Engine Optimization."
In a nutshell - Search Engine Optimization is the process of complying with standards set by the search engines, clearing away obstacles to effective "crawling" and highlighting the most important text content.
The majority of web sites online now were created years ago with search technology that was acceptable then, but may get you penalized now. A revamping of this is absolutely necessary now to compete both for organic placement and Pay Per Click campaigns.
If ten people place the same bid for a search term, the one with the higher page rank gets the placement on page.
The Game Has Changed
Lots pf people are saying that keyword metafiles are not used by the search engines anymore.
They couldn't be more wrong. Yahoo, Bing and many others rely on keyword metafiles for quick reference. Yahoo has brilliantly updated their search tactics to handle the massive amounts of data on the internet. Here's what they did:
- Pared keywords down to a maximum of 25
- A two hop system
- Hop one -scan your short list of 25 words
- If - they match the search query - then
- Hop two - match the meta-keywords to the page content.
- If - the keywords also appear on page - then..
...you get to join the competition for who has the most (keyword density)
This is extremely efficient - much smarter than Google's approach of scanning the entire content. However, in sites I have optimized the keyword density on, the Google page rank has mysteriously risen.
BY that I mean old pages that are outdated, unused, test pages and other "orphans" that just haven't been deleted yet. What is their remedy? Site maps, submitted by the webmaster that tells them what to index. A site map is a list of all valid URL's - what's not on the list is discounted.
These are things web site owners need to know when pondering the question of whether they need Search Engine Optimization. A simple compliance with these new standards will surely bear fruit.
- Adherence to accepted design standards and shorter load time.
- Relevant content - and that means text. Search engines can't read images, only text. There needs to be diligent attention to highlighting the most important words and adding some if there aren't enough already.
- Having information people want to receive.
- Acceptable html tagging and " alt tagging"
- Inserting beneficial meta tags and avoiding useless ones.
- Robots.txt files and ROBOTS (bots) meta tags.
- Links into and out of your site.
- Popularity has a role in Google page ranking. This is literally the vote of the people. They vote with links to your site.
- Think about this! You put a link on your site to something you think is important and three thousand other people do the same? Do you see the logic of this? If so many people think this site is important - why should Google disagree? The will of the people is true democracy — even in an algorithm!
- However - Google, ever on the move with new trends, is moving away from a "popularity" rating based on incoming links alone and putting more emphasis on traffic.
- The bottom line is - whenever a particular search criteria is negatively manipulated Google will endeavor to thwart it.
SEO is not promotion and advertising - It is preparing for it!
seUP.net builds in ethical,"Organic" Optimization as we go
" Organic SEO" is aimed at getting search views in the regular, non-paid section - not the Pay Per Click sections at top and / or on the right side. This is the most desirable way to go, although sometimes nature does need a little boost. This same optimization helps you (broadly) in the Pay Per Click arena but is not the same in all instances.
seUP.net does not use questionable SEO tactics and tricks that can get you delisted. We will tag important words, build your site to load as quickly as the technology you request (scripting, etc.) will allow. The simpler the site, the faster it loads. We can also help you manage you PPC campaigns.
SEO Tampa / Policy on SEO Services
We do not use cold calling or email spam to solicit SEO work - the majority of our SEO work is done as part of the construction process.
We like to build relationships and real SEO involves knowledge of the client's business. You can't call somebody on the phone, hit their site with an snazzy analyzer and figure out what they need.
As we work on a client site, we learn where he or she is trying to go and we help them get there - not by tricks, gimmicks, or some new optimizing software, but by honest effort.
We believe SEO should be done by someone involved in your project. Believe me, it is way cheaper that way. Truly qualified SEO specialty companies are expensive.
SEO Tampa / savvy copy editing and tagging
This can increase your search word effectiveness within existing copy - that is what the search engines really search.
Also, good writing skills allow us to "seed" existing copy with needed search terms at a very professional level. The goal being, to interject needed text in a style comparable to the original author's, creating a seamless and unnoticeable blend.
SEO Tampa / we builds web sites to strict Google design standards
These standards are a matter of policy. There is no extra charge to optimize your site's physical design - it is done automatically as it is built.
SEO Tampa / we can help you with your Pay Per Click ad campaigns.
You need a strategy before you spend money on PPC ads.
Optimization is different for various search engines
- Google is a key word search engine that favors heavily linked sites.
- Yahoo is a directory search engine with a high priority on key word density and page titles. Yahoo favors sites with key words in the URL (web address).
- Bing puts heavy emphasis on freshness of content and they do not offer paid positioning of any kind - yet.
- Getting listed in directories is effective - to a lesser degree, but effective if in addition to major search facilities.
A happy medium is needed for overall exposure. If you go wild with key words for Yahoo, you could be penalized for " key word stuffing" on MSN. This system insures that unfair manipulation can gain you points in one place and hurt you in another.
t is wise to invest in Google Ad Words, Yahoo Search Marketing, etc if you optimize your site for the intended ad system. However, even this will not guarantee a spot at the top of the regular ("organic") listings. That is based on relevancy, site construction excellence and popularity, and thus is very fair indeed.
Using pay per click campaigns is highly recommended by seUP.net. We can optimize your PPC ad's effectiveness by:
- Testing prospective key words for popularity.
- Monitoring which key search words (in current use) get viewed, which ones don't get viewed and which ones get click-throughs.
- Changing and adapting your list of search words - dump the dogs and keep the winners.
'Google Ad Words' amounts to a pay-per-lead system - if they click, they're at least interested. You can't get that in a print ad.
What is the importance of page rank for the "average Joe"?
Page rank is important in Google for appearing on page one of search results and doing the same in their Pay Per Click advertising campaigns. However Google Page Rank is not a factor for Yahoo searches. In Yahoo having a search term in your URL could value more for you. It is even of less importance to someone who just wants to provide information (tech help, how-to's, etc.) to existing customers. To them a national or world wide reach is irrelevant.
This is the very reason an integrated approach to developing your web site is important. Your web site is unique and has it's own personal mission - known in detail to you and your your developer / designer. We call it Integrated Solutions.
No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google - not even Google!
Don't trust people that guarantee number one rankings, or claim that they have a "special relationship" with Google.
When your site goes public you may be contacted by telemarketing people claiming that they can unfairly manipulate search engine results and push you to the top. Unethical tactics get you delisted!
Legitimate SEO companies will not cold call you. They are too busy, to call small prospects, expensive and you must find them on your own.Google and Yahoo have the best engineers in the industry and they spend lots of time beating sleazy tactics - save your money.
I see online ads and blog style videos claiming to "get you to the top in 48 hours" - bull! They do this (when they can) by spamming social networking sites. Google and Yahoo have the best engineers working every day to stop this. Don't waste your time on something that will be thwarted in no time at all. They are like viruses - they make one hit and then are wiped out.
Let me tell you, my friends - it is legitimate value that gets you seen, year after year. The longer you stay online the more you are taken seriously by the search engines. The fly by nights, fly by night - and are gone in the morning. That is a large part of the logic of giving more value to older pages.
This is directly from Google, about Ad Words
Set your budget
There's no minimum spending requirement--the amount you pay for AdWords is up to you. You can, for instance, set a daily budget of five dollars and a maximum cost of ten cents for each click on your ad.
We provide keyword traffic and cost estimates so you can make informed decisions about choosing keywords and maximizing your budget. ( Estimate keyword costs)
You're charged only if someone clicks your ad, not when your ad is displayed. Payment options vary by country and currency. Learn more